In a recent class activity, members of the second/third year undergraduate subject International Politics of Climate Change: Triumph or Tragedy at La Trobe University’s Albury-Wodonga campus engaged with a video presentation delivered by emminent American environmentalist Lester Brown. This class is taught by WATCH committee member Dr Ben Habib.
In appraising this video clip, students were asked to consider the following questions:
- What is the argument of the video?
- What are the broader implications of this message for Australian society?
- On what evidence is it based?
- How credible is Lester Brown and what is his background?
- What is your reaction to the video?
The student responses to this activity can be found at Ben Habib’s blog Our Voice: Politics Albury-Wodonga.